Monday, December 2, 2013

Who am i?

When i was about 16, I was travelling in the car with him. And my uncle asked me this question "who are you?". I was taken aback by question. He knew me all my live and he of all people should know the answer to this. If it was coming from anybody else my reaction who had been different but since my uncle was one of the most respected person after my parents i obliged and answered, I'm a girl. My name is as such and such. To which he replied,  no, thats name give to you and you4 identity.  My question is "who are you?". Am i this body? Am i this name? Many years have passed since and im yet to find the answer. Back then i didnt know that this was part of existential questions. That i was not the only one asking this. That many other philosophers have tried answering this. And one of the frequent answer which came up was "soul". Alot of things our mind can't comprehend. This is one of the questions beyond the perception of the mind. Im yet to find out hence this post ends here..

No comments:

Post a Comment