Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Radha...

I have thought of this many times, how should I tell this story. I have decided not to spare any details for in years to come we would only have this to fall back upon. And of all the times I thought it over, the starting has always been the same. This is for you. Here you go as I penned down on my diary@thoughts book :

I swear across my heart I saw it. The moment you walked into the classroom, I saw a spotlight shining upon you, the kind of like they show on Mr Bean's series at the start of each episode. But hold on that's not the first time I saw nor met you. I know you would probably would not remember this (yeah, I know you well enough to know this :p). We used to sit in the same row in Chemistry class, not next to each other but on the same row. I guess we never spoke or smiled to each other because its not the right moment for our friendship to blossom. Remember, there is always a right time for everything and ours was not started till about a few years later. And about the the 'spotlight' after effects, I guess that's how life changing moments feels like :).

To take a look back, we had  our sheer amount of moments (yeah 7 years isn't short). The good, the bad and the ugly (or hideous maybe). And to think we suffered through all that and still choose our friendship above anything else, amazing ain't it?

I remember on lower 6, we used to walk all around the school talking, I can't recall about what but it made us close somehow. I recall our group study sessions where you had to leave early for 'special' reason =P (or maybe because we weren't studying in the first place). It did scared me a lot to see how far apart we were, you being neat/perfectionist and I'm the total opposite. Actually after our little vacation I realised we have much more things not in common(though I find it funny). I have always respected you and your beliefs. Do you recall I made you a card once, seriously I didn't know what to get you for your birthday and to give you something without something of 'me' (I meant something that I put effort in ) in it would be an insult for you as my friend. I made the card all by myself, taking all effort not to leave any smudge on the surface - this is a very tough task for me by the way, seriously it is. When you said that you thought that I bought the card somewhere, I was so relieved (this should at least show you how high a place I place you).

Do you still recall the countless hours on the phone? Did you dread those calls? I know I can be very demanding but to tell the truth I was in a very bad situation. I was missing someone very close to me and I  became very attached to you. You have saved me from a very bad state of depression in a way. Friends don't thank each other and it wouldn't be right for me to do the same to you.

So many memories dae, it seems just yesterday we have met and so fast the years seems to pass...  You know once, I hoped on your bus heading towards JB and tricked you into believing and heading to UTM as USM's representative. I seriously can't believe you bought that.

I don't write long radha, this post is has gone to long. I need to stop. I wish we could spend more time together. I guess distance does makes the heart goes fonder... hope to see you soon, come back safely...


No comments:

Post a Comment