Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Does a blog worth keeping?

I am contemplating the need of regular bloging. I admit it has been years since my last post. Laziness.. maybe.. lack of inspiration...to put into a nutshell a prolooooonged writer's block..

I will keep this short and hopefully sweet. 

Here is my justification on why I will keep this blog and suggest people out there to do the same even how irregularly you blog.

1. Blogging give insight to what you have been through. And often if you revisit your older post you might get awed by your very own thoughts.

Here is an excerpt from one of my favourite Malaysian who is no more in the world.

Follow your inner instincts. Because, as Mr.Wyeth himself once said, "If you clean it up, get analytical, all the subtle joy and emotion you felt in the first place goes flying out the window."
Today, after making about 50 television commercials and six feature-length films, after winning 11 international awards, I often feel like I don't know the first thing about filmmaking. But I know this much:
If your intentions are pure, if you apply your craft with a view to observe humanity and, ultimately, God himself, very often something powerful will surface. And the next thing you know, hordes of strangers from all around the world are stepping forward to tell you "the story of their life or how their father died.
http://yasminthestoryteller.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html (I couldn't get a direct link to the post)

She is no more but her message prevails.

2. Blog post sometimes serves as a reminder of what has been, and it could also serve as a motivator.
For instance this blog entry about my intern life. I used to take 2 trains (KTM), 1 LRT and 1 bus to and fro from my workplace. This sounds pretty crazy to me now but to look back, I have actually pulled it off for all 5 months is pretty impressive.

So does this blog worth keeping, well with 35 posts and over 1000 viewership, I decided to keep this. Yes. More post coming soon, stay tuned!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment